12 Strand Multimode 50/125 OM3 Indoor/Outdoor Riser Distribution Fiber Optic Cable
Indoor/Outdoor Tight Buffered cables are specified for campus network cabling between buildings where interbuilding lengths are short enough that the installer can recognize savings from the lower costs of terminating tight buffered cables.
For indoor applications the cable is OFNR listed. For outdoor applications the cable is manufactured with an outer jacket that incorporates a UV stabilizer for protection against exposure to the sun plus an anti-fungus protection for use in underground applications.
12 Strand Multimode 50/125 OM3 Indoor/Outdoor Riser Distribution Fiber Optic Cable Features
- Cables are water blocked and meet water penetration requirements of GR-20-CORE (this helps ensure that any damage to cable is restricted to a repairable length of several meters)
- Outer jacket is moisture-resistant, fungus-resistant and UV resistant for outdoor use
- With a Riser rating, this cable can be used in all environments: Riser, general inside plant and outside plant
- Tested to meet or exceed EIA/TIA 568-A / GR-409-CORE and ICEA-S-104-696
- MSHA approved for mining applications
- Compliant to Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS)
- OFNR Installations in conduit in Campus environments
- MSHA rated for Mining applications
Multimode Fiber Information
Multi-Mode cable commonly has a diameter in the 50-to-100 micron range (typical multimode fiber core diameters are 50 or 62.5 micrometers). Multimode fiber gives you high bandwidth at high speeds (10 to 100MBS - Gigabit to 275m to 2km) over medium distances. Light waves are dispersed into numerous paths, or modes, as they travel through the cable's core typically 850 or 1300nm. However, in long cable runs (greater than 3000 feet [914.4 meters), multiple paths of light can cause signal distortion at the receiving end, resulting in an unclear and incomplete data transmission so designers now call for single mode fiber in new applications using Gigabit and beyond.