12 Strand Multimode OM3 Indoor/Outdoor Plenum Distribution Fiber Optic Cable with Draka/Prysmian Fiber
This versatile indoor-outdoor flame-rated cable design combines standards compliant performance with the direct connectorization simplicity afforded by tight buffered fibers. These cables provide an effective solution for interbuilding and building transition applications utilizing field install-able connectors.
Prysmian’s ezDISTRIBUTION cable family packages up to 144 color-coded 900 μm tight buffered fibers into a single flame retardant cable. This cable design is available in both riser rated and plenum rated versions for deployment in any inside plant fire-code application. The UV-resistant outer jacket, coupled with dry water-blocking technology, address environmental concerns for outdoor use. The tight buffered distribution cable supports standard installation practices and may be easily terminated using established
field connectorization methods.
12 Strand Multimode OM3 Indoor/Outdoor Plenum Distribution Fiber Optic Cable with Draka/Prysmian Fiber Features
- 900 μm tight buffered fibers designed to support rapid field termination
- Industry standard color coding for quick, error-free fiber identification
- Single-Unit designs provide space savings and cost advantages
- Subunit construction improves organization and termination practices
- Available with bend-insensitive Single-Mode and Multimode optical fibers
- Flexible, flame-retardant and UV-stable outer jacket
- Optional Interlock Armor provides robust protection and supports one-step installation
- Supports all high performance networks including OM4/10 Gigabit Ethernet systems
Applications: Versatile indoor-outdoor tight buffered cable for use with field installable connectors.
Constructions: Single-Unit (≤ 24f); Subunits (≥ 18f); interlock armor optional
Flame Ratings: Plenum (OFNP / OFCP / FT6)
F iber Count: 2 to 96 (plenum)
Fiber Types: Multimode 50/125, OM4)
Standards: TIA/EIA-568, ANSI/ICEA S-83-596, ANSI/ICEA S-104-696, UL-1666, NFPA 262, CSA 22.2
Telcordia GR-409, Telcordia GR-20, CE RoHS Compliant
Registered Supplier: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, TL 9000, and OHSAS 18001
Multimode Fiber Information
Multi-Mode cable commonly has a diameter in the 50-to-100 micron range (typical multimode fiber core diameters are 50 or 62.5 micrometers). Multimode fiber gives you high bandwidth at high speeds (10 to 100MBS - Gigabit to 275m to 2km) over medium distances. Light waves are dispersed into numerous paths, or modes, as they travel through the cable's core typically 850 or 1300nm. However, in long cable runs (greater than 3000 feet [914.4 meters), multiple paths of light can cause signal distortion at the receiving end, resulting in an unclear and incomplete data transmission so designers now call for single mode fiber in new applications using Gigabit and beyond.