Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
M210 Multifunction OTDR with OPM, VFL
The M210 OTDR from AFL combines ease of use (Touch and Test®) and multi-functionality in a field rugged, hand-held package. Integrated OTDR and OPM functionality and inspection capability reduce setup and testing time and simplify documentation; reducing testing and administration costs.
With single-mode dynamic ranges of up to 30 dB and multimode dynamic ranges of 26 dB, the M210 is ideal for testing, troubleshooting and documenting enterprise, LAN/WAN, campus and military single-mode and multimode (62.5 and 50 micron) fiber networks.
- Built in Optical Power Meter - Easily test and store both Tier 1 and Tier 2 results in one tester.
- Built in Visual Fault Locator (VFL) enables technicians to quickly identify fiber faults within OTDR dead zone.
- Dynamic Range covers longer fiber systems:
- 30 dB Single-mode
- 26 dB Multimode
- Field proven, compact, rugged product packaging is designed for both outside plant use and cramped inside plant environments.
M210 Touch and Test® supports users of all levels
Full Auto Mode - Connect and press test. M210 will detect fiber and set recommended test parameters. Perfect for novice technicians or repair techs quickly looking for faults on fiber spans of unknown length.
Auto-Once Mode - Designed for testing cables with multiple fibers. M210 performs a full auto test on the first fiber and retains recommended settings allowing fast expert-speed testing of subsequent fibers.
Expert Mode - Provides access to testing parameters for experienced users to setup optimal testing scenarios for specific networks.
Real-Time Mode - Continuous OTDR operation and display update allows users to dynamically change networks while monitoring OTDR trace results. Example: relaxing fiber bends to reduce attenuation loss.
Top menu level touch screen access to major test modes allow users to test networks faster- no time wasted with complicated menu structures. The M210 provides one-touch access to OTDR and OPM test modes and DFS inspection mode when enabled.
M210 Touch and Test®
- Set Pass/Fail thresholds compliant with TIA/ISO/user-defined values to alert test operators of failing or marginal events.
- New Job creation editor with detailed job/file naming allows users to quickly create file for storing results with flexibility for custom Job, Route, Cable, Fiber file naming.
- Structured file management to logically and easily store test results.
- Results Manager allows in-unit review saved test results and quick selection of previously created jobs for storing current job test results.
- Access general settings including Date/Time/Number format options and an Auto Off feature.
- OTDR settings enhanced event measurements with various manual LSA methods available in Expert mode.
- A simple toggle function enables fast and logical storage of trace, Loss and inspection results from both ends of a fiber/cable.
The M210 supports visual inspection per IEC 61300-3-5 visual inspection practices using an AFL DFS1 Digital FiberScope providing the user the ability to view and document connector end-face images with their OTDR traces and loss/power measurements.
Data Storage and Reporting Capabilities (TRM™)
Thousands of test results may be stored internally or on the supplied USB drive. Test results are transferable via USB cable or USB drive to a computer for viewing, printing, and analyzing with the supplied Windows™ compatible software - TRM™ (Test Results Manager). Acceptance reports generated using TRM™ can include OTDR traces with summary and event information with or without pass/fail indication, Event Maps, Loss/Power measurement tables and end-face images.
With a full set of testing and troubleshooting tools including OTDR, OPM, VFL and end-face inspection capability the M210 is a complete solution for fiber network owners and installers.
- Simplified Cinese
- Traditional Chinese
- Internal storage (>1000 OTDR traces in standard .SOR format)
- New crisp bright (indoor/outdoor) color touchscreen display
- Transfer test results to a PC via USB
- Tool-free, switchable test port adapters
- Single-mode and multimode models with 850/1300/1310/1550 nm wavelength options
- Settable Pass/Fail thresholds to standards or user specified values
- Test Results Manager, TRM™ reporting software for analyzing results, documenting networks and creating acceptance reports
The M210 is offered in three optical models: multimode, single-mode and combined as a QUAD multimode/single-mode. (See data sheet for ordering information). The M210 micro OTDR is available in a softcase with carry handle and shoulder strap or in a compact rugged transit case and as part of a QUAD Certification kit or a QUAD Test and Inspection kit. Both soft and hard cases have room to carry the M210, power cord, fiber rings, and adapters, cleaning supplies, other accessories and documentation. The hard case has a full length hinge, pad lock loops, secure snap latches and O-ring seal to protect the contents from dust and water.
M210 QUAD Certification Kit is designed for integrated SM and MM Tier1 and Tier2 testing with fiber end-face image capture. The M210 stores OTDR traces, loss readings and end-face images in a logical Job Structure for each fiber. Review results on the M210 and transfer to a PC for analysis and acceptance report documentation using included companion Test Results Manager (TRM) software. In TRM™ apply standards and applications to loss readings to assure fibers meet the increasing bandwidth needs of fiber networks such as 10 GbE. This kit includes a QUAD M210, OLS4 LED/Laser Source, DFS1-00-04XU or DFS1-00-04XA Digital FiberScope kit and cleaning accessories in a compact rugged hard transit case. (Specify DFS-00-04XU or DFS-00-04XA when ordering)
M210 QUAD Test and Inspection Kit is designed for performing Tier 2 OTDR testing and troubleshooting and end-face inspection. This kit includes the QUAD M210, a DFS1 FiberScope and cleaning accessories in a compact rugged hard transit case. (Specify DFS-00-04XU or DFS-00-04XA when ordering)
- Integrated Optical Power Meter and Visual Fault Locator
- Inspection capable with AFL DFS1 Digital FiberScope
- Front Panel and First Connector Check ensures accurate measurements
- Touch and Test intuitive user interface
- Crisp bright display for indoor/outdoor viewing
- 16 hour Li-ion battery
- Prepaid Calibration plans and Calibration plus Extended Warranty plans
- Rugged, hand-held, lightweight (<1kg)
- Document and create acceptance reports with companion TRM™ PC software, TRM™
- Testing and Troubleshooting multimode and single-mode fiber networks
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 testing and certification of SM and MM networks
OPM (Standard) a
VFL (Standard) a
DFS1 Digital Fiberscope Support a
b. Longest Range and Pulse Width, 3 minutes Averaging Time, Filter on.
c. Typical distance between the two points 1.5 dB down each side of a reflective spike caused by a -40 dB (multimode).
or -45 dB (single-mode) event using 10 ns pulse width.
d. Typical distance from event location to point where trace is within 0.5 dB of backscatter.
e. Range <8 km.
f. Does not include GIR uncertainty.
h. For a non-saturated event.
j. 16 km Range, Filter off.
k. 32 km Range, Filter off.
m. 3 μs @ 1300 nm.
n. Measurement Range: +3 to -65 dBm for 1300 to 1625 nm, and +3 to -60 dBm for 850 nm
p. Wavelength ID Range: +3 to -50 dBm for 1300 to 1625 nm, and +3 to -40 dBm for 850 nm
q. Tone Detect Range: +3 to -50 dBm 1300 to 1625 nm, and +3 to -40 dBm for 850 nm
r. Typical with new battery, per GR-196-Core Issue 2.
s. Typical, from fully discharged to fully charged state, unit may be operating.