Drywall Mounting Bracket Box Extender
Fiber Savvy's Drywall Mounting Box Extenders set back metal or non-metallic
electrical boxes up to 1-1/2 inches. This product works with most steel and non-metallic outlet boxes, providing a level, fully supported wiring device that’s flush with the wall surface. In steel boxes, they prevent arcing and shorting by creating a barrier between the box and device screws.
Our newest box extender, the BE1X, has a slightly larger flange that covers miscut wall material and accommodates midi or maxi cover plates. It costs the same as our ‘regular’ single gang BE1 so if you normally use a midi plate this is the box extender for you.
- Allows the contractor to comply with 2014 NEC Article 314.20
- Levels and supports the wiring device where the box is set back from the wall surface (adjusts up to a 1-1/2” box extension)
- Works in handy boxes and 4” square electrical boxes with plaster rings for single switches or receptacle
- Functions with all standard devices, switches, and GFCIs
- Manufactured from 105°C continuous use 94V0 rated flame retardant plastic for safer installations (2 Hour Fire Rating)