If you’re looking to purchase more than one spool then each spool needs to be entered into the cart as a separate line item. Input the length and then select Add to Cart for every individual spool needed.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
We do not offer credits or returns for this item.
This fiber cable is priced per foot and may include a minimum order length.
If you would like to inquire about our custom fiber cable options such as terminated ends, pulleyes, and custom cut lengths, please call or email us.
Aerial Fiber Optic Cable
Aerial fiber optic cables are made for outdoor use along utility poles for cable television, telecom or other outside plant campus backbone applications. Thanks to a sturdy 1/4" galvanized messenger wire pre-attached to the aerial fiber optic cable, the cable is self-supported, virtually eliminating the need for the aerial fiber cable to be lashed to an external wire. This figure-eight design reduces the installation time and cost by approximately 50% when compared to separate installation of a messenger wire and the lashing of the cable to the messenger. If you do decide you want to lash the cable, it is compatible with standard messenger clamps and support hardware.
A wide operating temperature of -40ºC to +85ºC will be sure to protect the cable from the harsh outdoor weather conditions and the polyethylene outer jacket is excellent for blocking UV. When running this cable between poles, it's very important to ensure the correct spacing is used based on the weather conditions of where the cable is located.
- Outdoor aerial installations along utility poles for cable television, telecom or other outside plant campus backbone applications without the need for cable lashing
- Figure-eight construction for use with standard messenger clamping and support hardware.
- Ideal for new installations. The figure-eight messenger cable reduces installation time and cost by approximately 50% compared to separate installation of a messenger wire and the lashing of the cable to the messenger.
- Wide operating temperature range of -40ºC to +85ºC
- 1/4-inch galvanized messenger standard
- Polyethylene outer cable jacket for excellent UV and weather resistance
- Designed to the NESC requirements for light, medium and heavy storm loads (see cable characteristics table for maximum span lengths)
Figure-eight tight-buffered fiber optic cables meet the functional requirements of the following standards: