Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Multimode Fiber Test Kit
Many fiber optic network bids and Requests For Quote (RFQ) are citing cabling standards to specify the set of guidelines (such as fiber length) that the network installer must follow during the network installation. Adherence to such standards is meant to ensure the quality of the installation and guarantee that the network will perform as it was designed.
The process of testing a network installation to ensure its adherence to specified standards is called certification, and often requires hard-copy documentation as proof of adherence to standards.
The Installer Series MM Test Kit contains the tools necessary for certifying multimode fiber optic links against a myriad of popular cabling standards, including two user-customizable standards.
The Micro 2 optical power meter is multimode and single mode ready, and contains a user-friendly Fiber Link Wizard that performs link budget calculation, and sets a reference value using the characteristics of the link. This reference is the PASS/FAIL threshold and is calculated against the chosen standard. Up to 1000 fiber runs may be stored, and downloaded to a PC for report generation using our reporter software. Its universal port allows connections to ST, SC, and FC, and also includes a 1.25mm universal port for connection to LC, MU, and other SFF connectors.
The WaveSource MM multimode LED source contains a single-port, dual-wavelength output (850nm/1300nm), which is temperature-stabilized for accurate measurements, and is housed in a SC connector port.
- Fiber optic link certification of mulimode fiber links at 850nm and 1300nm against a myriad of cabling standards, including two user-customizable standards
- Data storage for up to 1000 data points including run labels, fiber type, and link information including link name, date, reference power values, fiber length, and number of splices and interconnects
- Built-in loss wizard for calculation of maximum allowable loss values (link budget)
- USB interface for continuous data logging, report printing, or data downloading
- Reporter software for printing formatted fiber certification reports
- Absolute or relative mode for giving you instant pass/fail results
- Selectively view, delete or resample data points
Supported Cabling Standards
- EIA/TIA 568-B/C
- ISO/IEC 11801
- 10-Gigabit Ethernet
- Fibre Channel
- Token Rings
Power Meter Specifications
Light Source Specifications
What's In The Box
- Micro 2
- WaveSource MM
- Reporter Software
- Product manuals
- Download cable
- 9-volt batteries
- NIST certificate
- Carrying case
- Protective rubber boots