Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
If you’re looking to purchase more than one spool then each spool needs to be entered into the cart as a separate line item. Input the length and then select Add to Cart for every individual spool needed.
This product has a minimum $50 associated cut fee applied to the shipping cost
(We do not offer credits or returns for this item.)
This fiber cable is priced per foot and may include a minimum order length.
If you would like to inquire about our custom fiber cable options such as terminated ends, pulleyes, and custom cut lengths, please call or email us.
OCC's Tight Buffer Distribution Plenum Fiber Optic Cable, Multimode, 10 Gig OM3, Indoor/Outdoor
This plenum distribution fiber cable is used in trunking, LAN and distribution applications where small size, lightweight, and versatile installation capability are required for ducts, plenums, and air handling spaces. It's ideal for configurations requiring a single termination point with multiple fibers. The plenum distribution fiber optic cable uses high performance components and construction and is UL Listed in accordance with NEC section 770.179(a) for use in ducts, plenums and air-handling spaces.
Multimode Fiber Information
Multi-Mode cable commonly has a diameter in the 50-to-100 micron range (typical multimode fiber core diameters are 50 or 62.5 micrometers). Multimode fiber gives you high bandwidth at high speeds (10 to 100MBS - Gigabit to 275m to 2km) over medium distances. Light waves are dispersed into numerous paths, or modes, as they travel through the cable's core typically 850 or 1300nm. However, in long cable runs (greater than 3000 feet [914.4 meters), multiple paths of light can cause signal distortion at the receiving end, resulting in an unclear and incomplete data transmission so designers now call for single mode fiber in new applications using Gigabit and beyond.
Cleaning your fiber connector end faces and components regularly is crucial for avoiding a total network failure. Ensure your optical fiber system is working properly and prevent major network issues with fiber cleaning kits, pens, fluids, and wipes.
- High performance components and construction
- High specific strength-to-weight ratio and compact cable design for limited conduit space and tight bends in long cable pulls
- Helically stranded core for flexibility, survival in difficult installations, and mechanical protection for the fibers
- Lower installed cost
- High performance tight-buffered coating on each fiber for environmental and mechanical protection
- High crush resistance may eliminate the need for innerduct
- 900 μm buffer eliminates the need for costly and time-consuming installation of fanout kits or pigtail splices because connectors terminate directly to the fiber.
- UL Listed in accordance with NEC section 770.179(a) for use in ducts, plenums and air-handling spaces
- Used in trunking, LAN and distribution applications where small size, lightweight, and versatile installation capability are required for ducts, plenums, and air handling spaces
- Ideal configuration for a single termination point requiring multiple fibers
Indoor/Outdoor ("K" Jacket)
- Indoor/Outdoor plenum cables eliminate the need for costly cable transitions in different installation environments
- Cable materials are UV, water and fungus resistant
- Higher fiber counts available than similar cables available by others in subgrouped configuration
- Jacket is highly chemical resistant for installation in harsh industrial environments
- Interlocking armor can be applied to cables as an alternative to conduit installation
- Can be installed outside and in plenum or riser pathways inside, eliminating the need to transition cable types between environments
- 2 to 72 fiber configuration is smaller and lighter than comparable sub-grouped cables, which is ideal for installation in areas with limited space or tight bends
- UL 1651
- ANSI/NFPA 262