Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
If you’re looking to purchase more than one spool then each spool needs to be entered into the cart as a separate line item. Input the length and then select Add to Cart for every individual spool needed.
This product has a minimum $50 associated cut fee applied to the shipping cost
To order this cable, please see the Product Options tab below and choose the strand count and length needed.
If you would like to inquire about our custom fiber cable options such as terminated ends, pulleyes, and custom cut lengths, please call us.
We do not offer credits or returns for this item
High-Density Fiber Optic Cable, Multimode, 62.5/125 OM1, Indoor/Outdoor, Riser
The new high density fiber cable is extraordinary. There is nothing else like it. Like loose-tube gel-filled cables, it utilizes 245 um fibers as opposed to 900 um tight buffered fibers and it does require breakout kits, but instead uses special 12 fiber fan-out kits and a fiber stripper/slitter to terminate. The high density fiber cable's water resistance characteristics surpass loose tube cables.
With the high-density fiber cables, the 245 um fibers are encapsulated within a tight buffer. Easily prepared for termination, high-density cables feature the smallest outer diameter within the industry and still retain rugged characteristics: lightweight, flexible, and easy to work with and at a crush rating of 1800 N/cm and a flex rating of 2,000 cycles!
Cleaning your fiber connector end faces and components regularly is crucial for avoiding a total network failure. Ensure your optical fiber system is working properly and prevent major network issues with fiber cleaning kits, pens, fluids, and wipes.
- Designed for installation in an underground duct for data transmission between nodes or hubs
- Cable can also be routed vertically inside buildings
- Rugged tight-buffered fiber unit construction
- Cable materials are indoor/outdoor: UV, fungus, and water resistant
- The high-density breakout cables offer a >20% reduction in diameter and a >20% reduction in weight relative to conventional loose-tube cables, allowing for greater fiber density and cable packing within a duct
- UL listed in accordance with NEC 770.179(b) for use in vertical runs in building risers or from floor to floor
- Core-Locked™ outer jacket design for installation survivability
- Helically stranded core for greater flexibility and mechanical protection of the optical fibers
- Cable offers a cost savings by eliminating the need to splice outdoor cable at building entrance
- Cable can be terminated with 900µm fanout kit for LC connectorization
- Construction options available for direct termination of tight-buffered fiber units to MPO/MTP connectors
- Suitable for direct pulling with wire mesh grips
|Operating Temperature||-40ºC to +85ºC|
|Storage Temperature||-55ºC to +85ºC|
|Installation Temperature||-20ºC to +60ºC|
|Flame Retardancy||UL Listed Type OFNR (UL 1666)|
|Crush Resistance||1,800 N/cm|
|Flex Resistance||2,000 cycles|
|Tensile Load||Minimum Bend Radius|
|Installation N (lbs)||Operational N (lbs)||Installation cm (in)||Operational cm (in)|
|24||7.6 (0.30)||75 (50)||2,700 (600)||600 (135)||11.4 (4.5)||7.6 (3.0)|
|48||7.6 (0.30)||75 (50)||2,700 (600)||600 (135)||11.4 (4.5)||7.6 (3.0)|
|72||9.0 (0.35)||97 (65)||2,700 (600)||600 (135)||13.5 (5.3)||9.0 (3.5)|
|96||10.3 (0.40)||116 (78)||2,700 (600)||600 (135)||15.5 (6.0)||10.3 (4.0)|
|120||11.4 (0.45)||141 (95)||3,000 (670)||1,000 (220)||17.1 (6.8)||11.4 (4.5)|
|144||11.7 (0.46)||152 (102)||3,000 (670)||1,000 (220)||17.6 (6.9)||11.7 (4.6)|
|168||14.1 (0.56)||208 (140)||4,800 (1,080)||1,600 (360)||17.6 (6.9)||11.7 (4.6)|
|192||12.9 (0.51)||179 (120)||4,800 (1,080)||1,600 (360)||19.4 (7.7)||12.9 (5.1)|
|216||12.9 (0.51)||179 (120)||4,800 (1,080)||1,600 (360)||19.4 (7.7)||12.9 (5.1)|
|288||15.0 (0.60)||226 (152)||5,400 (1,210)||1,800 (400)||22.58 (9.0)||15.0 (6.0)|
Installation loads in excess of 2,700 N (600 lbs) are not recommended. Contact us for ordering details.
Multimode Fiber Information
Multi-Mode cable commonly has a diameter in the 50-to-100 micron range (typical multimode fiber core diameters are 50 or 62.5 micrometers). Multimode fiber gives you high bandwidth at high speeds (10 to 100MBS - Gigabit to 275m to 2km) over medium distances. Light waves are dispersed into numerous paths, or modes, as they travel through the cable's core typically 850 or 1300nm. However, in long cable runs (greater than 3000 feet [914.4 meters), multiple paths of light can cause signal distortion at the receiving end, resulting in an unclear and incomplete data transmission so designers now call for single mode fiber in new applications using Gigabit and beyond.