Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
We do not offer credits or returns for this item.
COTS M83526 2-4 CH Connector Family
Optical Cable Corporation introduces the next generation of Tactical Fiber Optic Connector family based on the retired MILPRF-83526 performance specification. This tactical fiber optic connector system features a "field convertible" hermaphroditic fiber optic plug component COTS-83526 PLUG connector with integrated strain relief and tactical cable retention systems.
Available in either 4 or 12 channel shell sizes (2, 4, 6, 8 and 12 CH options), this family of tactical fiber optic connectors also features specifications for a wide variety of harsh environment companion receptacles including Internal Jam-Nut, External Jam-Nut, and Flange Mount receptacles as well as similar companion configurations with Integrated Strain Relief systems.
At the heart of this robust family of tactical/deployable hermaphroditic fiber optic connectors is the TC1640CA ™environmentally sealed™ terminus system, which affords superior optical performance while maintaining resistance to dust, moisture or even liquid submersion.
This new terminus system features a "free-floating" environmentally sealed capability utilizing commercially available 2.5mm ceramic ferrules, relying on the Insert Cap of the COTS-83526 connectors to retain the ceramic alignment sleeve. This new termini is corrosive-resistant, easily inserts at 90™ angles to the termini retainer and functions as a "genderless" termini (can be either pin or socket) when used in the hermaphroditic design of the COTS-83526 connector system.
Hermaphroditic connectors are designed for quick deployment and gender-independent connectivity, allowing the end user to un-reel fiber cable without regard for identification of the male or female ends. The hermaphroditic design enables the transmission path to maintain polarity even with multiple cable segments daisy-chained together to extend the distance of the deployable system.
- The M83526 is interoperable, inter-mateable in accordance with the reitred MIL-PRF-83526/16, /17 interface specification which makes it backward compatible with most fielded M83526 4 CH and 12 CH connectors and essentially using the same assembly procedures and tools.
- Field Convertible Hermaphroditic Plug allows Plug-to-Plug assembly on a reel to be instantly provisioned for male (daisy chain) or female connectivity.
- The Field Convertable Hermaphroditic Dust Plug Cap is instantly provisioned with mating dust cap to allow dust cap coupling.
- Ceramic Split Sleeves are retained within the Insert Cap, preventing sleeves becoming misplaced during maintenance routines.
- Enhanced Kevlar Retention System supports 400 lb. cable retention without degradation of optical signal.
- Sealed Termini Design for 4 CH, 6 CH, 12 CH, and 24 CH Systems utilize Sealing, Environmental Resistance to meet IP-68 requirements.
- COTS-83526 Integrated "Push-Pull" system allowes operators to easily terminate COTS-83526 Plugs and Receptacles in an efficient, non-complex format.
- Dry Film Thread Lubrication extends life of mating threads, self-lubricating through repeated mating cycles.
- Mobile Emergency Telecommunications Stations
- Mobile Tactical Shelters
- United States Army, Navy, and Marine Corps military tactical deployments
- Deployable Trailers for Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Homeland Security
2 Sand/Topsoil substituted for Potter's Clay
3 12 CH Receptacle requires application of SRR configurations