Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
We do not offer credits or returns for this item.
EZ-MATE Connector Family
The OCC EZ-MATE family of hermaphroditic-style fiber optic connectors provides the most comprehensive solution to fiber inter-connect in harsh, deployable or mobilized communications systems. The EZ-MATE family of fiber optic deployable inter-connect provides end users with the same proven technology used in advanced military communication systems, but with simplified (EZ-MATE) mating interfaces capable of "blind mate" and/or applications that require thousands of mating cycles.
In addition to the EZ-MATE user-friendly interface, the connector system is designed to resist extreme harsh mechanical and environmental conditions, including high vibration, mechanical and thermal shock, and fluid immersion and will continue to operate under extreme tension loading (with use of OCC tactical cable). Integrators can select from four different families (channel counts), which allows end users maximum flexibility when selecting the correct channel count for the application. Each of the four families features a diverse set of receptacle configurations designed to solve almost any panel or enclosure application.
Hermaphroditic connectors are designed for quick deployment and gender-independent connectivity, allowing the end user to un-reel fiber cable without regard for identification of the male or female ends. The hermaphroditic design enables the transmission path to maintain polarity even with multiple cable segments daisy-chained together to extend the distance of the deployable system.
- 4 CH, 6 CH, 12 CH, AND 24 CH Systems utilize sealing and environmental resistance to meet IP-68 requirements.
- EZ-MATE integrated "push-pull" system allows operators to terminate EZ-MATE plugs and receptacles in an efficient, simple format.
- Enhanced Kevlar retention system supports tactical cable retention without degradation of optical signal.
- Field-convertible hermaphroditic plug design allows for a plug-to-plug assembly on a reel to be instantly provisioned for male (daisy-chain) or female connectivity.
- Field-convertible hermaphroditic plug dust cap design can be instantly provisioned to allow mating with other dust caps in a plug-to-plug configuration, keeping dust caps clean.
- Retentive ceramic split sleeves are retained by inserting the cap, preventing sleeves from becoming misplaced during routine maintenance.
- Ship-to-Shore Communications Umbilical Connect
- Mobile Emergency Telecommunications Stations
- Mobile Tactical Shelters
- U.S. Army, Navy, and Marine Corps Military Tactical Deployments
- Mobile or Remote Broadcast
- Oil and Gas Industries (Brass and Stainless Steel material options)
PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATION PARAMETER
Insertion Loss (multimode): 0.50dB - Typical, 0.75dB - Maximum
Insertion Loss (single-mode): 0.40dB - Typical, 0.75dB - Maximum
Back Reflection (single-mode, UPC polish): -50dB - Typical, -40dB - Maximum
Operating Temperature: -54° C to + 71° C
Storage Temperature: -57° C to + 85° C
Mating Durability: 1000 cycles
Impact: Method B, Omit wall pipe
Twist: ±90° rotation, one cycle/ 5sec., 1000 cycles
Cable Sealing Flex: Procedure I
Cable Retention: 400 lbs min.
Crush Resistance: 450 lbs
Temperature Life: 250 Hr, 85 ± 2°C
Thermal Shock: Condition B-0 except 10 cycles, @ 85° C and -62° C
Physical Shock: Condition C, 5 shocks/axis
Vibration: Condition III & VI Condition C for 1.5 hr, Except III
Temperature humidity: Method B
Corrosion resistance: Condition C
Fluid Immersion: 24 hours per fluid
Water Submersion: Method A, Procedure 1, 1m for 24 hours. Bulkhead mounted in watertight tube
Mud Test: 5 min. immersion, 10 cycles
Electromagnetic Effects: 20kHz, 150kHz, 14MHz, 400MHz, 600MHz, 1GHz, 2GHz, 8GHz, 10GHz, VERT. & HORZ., <-60dB