Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
We do not offer credits or returns for this item.
Pierside Hermaphroditic Fiber Optic Connector
The OCC Pierside family of fiber optic connectors is designed to meet stringent performance characteristics established by the U.S. Navy in accordance with NAVSEA 7379171 and 7379172 drawings. Conceived in 1997, these standards governed the requirements for a durable, high-quality 6- to 12-channel fiber optic hermaphroditic connector system to be concatenated when connecting naval vessels to network interfaces located at docks or piers.
The OCC Pierside style of connector is designed to enable ™genderless™ mating capabilities, without regard for male or female gender configuration of the interfacing connector to which it is mated. The coupling nut of hermaphroditic plug connectors can be selectively adjusted to convert the plug connector to a male or female coupling thread, allowing a hermaphroditic plug to couple to another plug configured in the opposite gender.
This genderless characteristic allows cable assemblies with hermaphroditic plugs on both ends to be deployed without concern for orientation (male or female) when used in a "daisy-chained" configuration. Another benefit of cable assemblies using hermaphroditic plug connectors is that multiple identical cable assemblies can be linked together as needed (limited only by system link budget [dBm]).
This "genderless" characteristic provides extreme flexibility in deployable system architectures and eliminates the gender orientation and logistics of deployment, redeployment or field system reconfiguration. This series of connectors uses MIL-PRF-29504/14 pins and MIL-PRF-29504/15 sockets with a unique captive alignment sleeve in a Detachable Socket Insert (DSI) [wedge-shaped removable insert cap]. Unlike competitive products, OCC plugs are fitted with a tethered hermaphroditic dust cap, and receptacles are fitted with tethered female dust caps.
The OCC Pierside family of fiber optic connectors affords users the most comprehensive complement of connector options available, including replacement dust caps, strain-relief receptacles and 90™ plugs, etc. Available in either single-mode, multimode or a combination of both, the design is compliant to the Commercial Item Description (CID) standard issued by the Naval Sea Command.
- All components designed to meet the scope of NAVSEA 7379171 and 7379172 for form, fit and function
- Enhanced Kevlar retention system supports tactical cable retention without degradation of optical signal
- Field Convertible hermaphroditic design allows Plug-to-Plug assembly on a reel to be instantly provisioned for male (daisy chain) or female connectivity
- Interchangeable detachable socket insert (DSI), M29504/14 and M29504/15 termini enable end users to purchase replacement components to be used with OCC or other manufactures products
- Inter-operable with other competitive connectors so that end users are not limited to single source or limited source products
- OCC offers replacement dust cap kits in male, female, or hermaphroditic options
- Variety of connector configuration options are available with complete complement of connector options, including replacement dust caps, strain relief receptacles, and 90 degree plugs
- Ship-to-Shore Communications Umbilical Connect
- Mobile Emergency Telecommunications Stations
- Mobile Tactical Shelters
- U.S. Army, Navy, and Marine Corps Military Tactical Deployments
- Oil and Gas Industries
PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATION PARAMETER
Insertion loss (multimode): 0.30dB - typical, 0.75dB - maximum
Insertion Loss (single-mode): 0.40dB - Typical, 0.75dB - Maximum
Back reflection (single-mode UPC polish): -50dB ™ typical, -40dB ™ maximum
Operating Temperature: -54° C to + 85° C
Storage Temperature: -65° C to + 85° C
Temperature cycling: -54° C to + 85° C
Mating Durability: 1000 cycles
Impact: Method B, omit wall pipe
Twist: ±90° rotation, 1 cycle/5 sec., 1000 cycles
Cable Sealing Flex: 100 cycles
Cable Retention: 400 lbs. min.
Crush resistance: 450 lbs.
Physical Shock: Condition C
Vibration: Method 2005.1
Temperature humidity: Method B
Fluid immersion: 24 hours per fluid
Water pressure: 25 PSI, 24 hours
Ozone exposure: 100-150 PPM for 2 hours
Flammability: Method 1012
Corrosion resistance: 500 hours salt spray
Thermal shock: Condition B-0 except 10 cycles @ 85_ and -62_