Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Multimode OTDRs require a pulse suppressor (dead-zone) box. We also recommend a single mode zone box with Single Mode OTDRs.
Trek OTDR Quad Kit - Singlemode (1310/1550nm) & Multimode (850/1300nm)
Most OTDR manufacturers tend to implement an inflexible approach by over-integrating four wavelengths into a single OTDR unit. This OTDR takes an innovative approach that very few OTDR manufacturers even consider - by including separate dual-wavelength multimode and singlemode OTDRs.
There are two key advantages to using two individual OTDRs instead of an over-integrated quad-wave OTDR. First, most installer firms need to have at least two crews working simultaneously to be profitable. Second, most fiber optic jobs rarely include both multimode and singlemode fibers. So, if one crew is installing multimode and another crew is installing singlemode, it makes sense to have separate multimode and singlemode OTDRs so one crew does not have to wait on the other to finish their job. And even with two separate units, the Trek Quad Kit OTDR is still more cost-effective than other manufacturer's quad-wavelength OTDR options.
- 2.8" color LCD display automatically rotates based on orientation of OTDR (portrait vs. landscape)
- Live Mode allows users to expand OTDR display onto larger laptop screen
- Automatically locates events and places them in an internal event table
- Full horizontal and vertical pan/zoom function
- User-selectable parameters such as index of refraction test mode, pulse width, and averaging
- Integrated user help screens
- SC/UPC connector port
- USB interface for downloading stored readings
- Integrated visual fault locator
- Re-chargeable Lithium Polymer battery allows for up to
- 20 hours of normal usage
|Dynamic Range||850/1300nm: 23/25 dB||1310/1550nm: 25/23 dB|
|Event Dead Zone||2 meters (typical)||2 meters (typical)|
|Attenuation Dead Zone||7 meters (typical)||7 meters (typical)|
|User-selectable Pulse Width||1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 meters||1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000 meters|
|VFL port||2.5mm universal||2.5mm universal|
|Display Type||High-resolution Color LCD|
|Display Size||2.8" diagonal|
|Battery Type||Lithium Polymer|
|Battery Life||Up to 20 hours normal usage|
|Dimensions||2.87" x 4.42" x 1.25"|
|Weight||10 ounces (284 g)|
|Visual Fault Locator Specifications|
|Output Power||1 mW|
|Operating Mode||CW / Flash|
What's In The Box
- Qty 1 - Trek OTDR Quad Kit